How to Repair Lawn Mower - A Safety Guide
When it comes to repairing lawn mowers, there are some things you should be aware of in order to make this process safe.
There are numerous cases of serious injuries caused by the lawn mower's blades and other parts. That is why it is so important to take all the necessary precautions before touching the blades.
Generally speaking, very often the problem is so minor that it can be easily fixed within a few minutes.
How to Repair Lawn Mower For Minor Problems
If your lawn mower does not start, perhaps to replace a spark plug would be a nice solution.
click here for more details on what are the reasons why lawn mower will not start
If you experience a poor performance of your lawn mower and it keeps coughing and sputtering,
- there could be a problem with either an air filter or fuel. The fuel should be sufficient for the engine to run properly. Avoid stale gas.
- As for the air filter, the best solution is to replace it with a new one.
Here are several guide on how to repair lawn mower on various lawn mower problems
DIY Lawn Mower Repair on common problems
For lawn mower engines repair, you can check on instructions for lawn mower repairs and Lawn Mower Troubleshooting
Instructions For Lawn Mower Repairs - How To Remove Flywheel From Lawnmower
Guide to lawn mower spark plug maintenance, include how do you remove a spark plug in a lawn mower and how to change a spark plug on a lawn mower.
How to Repair Lawn Mower - Safety Guide
- As for the precautions, you should always remember to remove the spark plug in case you are going to fix any problem with your lawn mower.
- Be careful while removing or replacing the blades: the old ones can be extremely sharp.
- Avoid touching any internal detail while it's hot: during the lawn mowers' performance some of its part can reach temperatures more than one thousand and two hundred degrees on Fahrenheit scale.
- It might be dangerous to tighten or loosen a blade bolt.
If it is not tighten enough, it is possible that the engine will shear the flywheel of the blade when you start running the machine.
In such situations the key has to be replaced, otherwise the motor will shut down and will not start again.
To tighten or loosen the bolt, you will need a wrench.
Fix it on the bolt and hit the opposite end with a hammer: you will get an air powered wrench effect.
- When you pull the starter rope and feel a sort of resistance, or the handle is getting snatched out of your hand, you should stop your attempts immediately.
Unscrew the spark plug and examine it carefully.
In case you notice some moisture, it is a sign that your engine is flooded. Make sure that the spark plug wire is removed, than carefully take the lawn mower outside (if it's in the garage or a garden cabin),
and carefully pull the starter rope several times in order to get rid if the extra gas.
After that wipe the spark plug, put it back and try to start your lawn mower again.
These simple manipulations have proved to be very effective, and every lawn mower owner should know about them in order to decrease the time when your equipment is down.
It is much more pleasant to spend time taking care of your lawn and garden than going to a special service center for some help.
Keeping in mind these simple facts will help you save your precious time and quite a lot of money, so it's definitely worth learning how to repair your lawn mower yourself.